27 November 2013
Category: Behind The Seams
Time to get out those dreidels and candles for the menorah because the festival of lights known as Hanukkah is here! Hanukkah is a traditional Jewish holiday that commemorates the rededication of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. Usually, Hanukkah is celebrated by spinning the dreidel, but this year you can celebrate with a custom Hanukkah shirt or other piece of Hanukkah apparel!
Check out the great gift options we have at Customized Girl for everyone in the family! Celebrate this year in style!
27 November 2013
Category: Contests, Custom Lifestyle
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The contest begins at 9:00 a.m EST on November 27, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 11, 2013.
How To Enter:
- You must have a Pinterest account to enter this contest. Accounts are free at http://pinterest.com.
- Follow Customized Girl on Pinterest.
- Create a board entitled “Customized Girl Wish List”.
- Pin at least five Customized Girl items onto this board. You can pin directly from customizedgirl.com or from our “Custom Products from Customized Girl” board.
- Tag all of your pins with #cgwishlist.
- Comment on our pin announcing the contest with a link to your board.
Prizes and Selections Of Winners:
Customized Girl will select two (2) winners in a random drawing held on or about December 11, 2013, from among all eligible entries received. Each winner will receive a $100 electronic gift certificate to Customized Girl. Prizes are non-transferable prior to award and must be accepted as awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per person.
The potential winners will be tagged in the comments of the contest pin and/or messaged via Twitter or Facebook accounts associated with entrant’s Pinterest account. The prize will be emailed upon acceptance.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only one entry per person.
- Must be at least 16 years of age to enter.
- eRetailing Associates, LLC employees and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- By participating in the contest, you release and agree to hold eRetailing Associates, LLC, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, and employees harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising out of or in connection with your participation in the contest or your creation and sharing of pin boards, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. The contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Pinterest. By entering in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Pinterest from any claims.
- For international shipping, please be aware, you are responsible for any taxes or duties that might be applied to your package after it has left our facility.
25 November 2013
Category: Behind The Seams
One of the best parts about Christmas is picking out the perfect Christmas tree and decorating it with lights and ornaments. But not every ornament is created equal and it takes a one-of-kind ornament to earn the coveted center-of-the-tree spot! This spot is reserved for only the very best ornaments and if you are not the only one decorating the tree this year, there could be quite the battle over this prime piece of real estate!
Everyone will want to put their favorite ornament in the center of the tree so it is seen first, but not all ornaments will make the cut. Those ornaments that have meaning and have been on the tree since you can remember are always must-haves, whereas those generic Christmas ornaments that you can find at any store just might not be good enough. It is always the custom ornaments that have your name on it or represent something you love that get placed in the middle of the tree.
At Customized Girl, you can create these one-of-a-kind Christmas ornaments that you will be excited to place on the tree every Christmas. It’s fun to create custom ornaments for yourself and your own tree, but it’s even better to make custom ornaments as Christmas gifts! Your friends and family will enjoy the custom gift made by you and it will instantly be a staple ornament on their tree every year!
22 November 2013
Category: Custom Lifestyle
We wait all year for Christmas and before we know it, the holiday has come and gone. What we risk is missing out on all the holiday fun that leads up to Christmas Day. The last thing we want to have happen on December 26th is to realize that we missed out on our favorite holiday traditions. And since Christmas is the busiest holiday of the year, it’s easy to forget all the fun things we can do! Well this year, we want to help keep that disappointment from happening, so we have created a bucket list of 25 fun things to do before or on Christmas Day!
- Hang your favorite ornament in the center of the Christmas tree
- Watch a holiday movie
- Make a Christmas list
- Build a snowman
- Go sledding
- Check out the Christmas lights around town
- Eat a candy cane
- Make and eat gingerbread cookies
- Take a family Christmas photo
- Wear a Santa hat and go ho-ho-ho
- Visit Santa at the mall or wave at him from afar
- Read “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas”
- Listen to Christmas music
- Go caroling
- Go ice skating
- Make a snow angel
- Drink hot cocoa
- Shake all the presents under the tree
- Wear a Christmas sweatshirt
- Make popcorn garland
- Leave cookies and milk out for Santa
- Wish a stranger “Happy Holidays!”
- Get an advent calendar so you can eat chocolate every day in December until Christmas
- Find an unbelievable gift that will make someone’s Christmas unforgettable
Help us out! What fun holiday stuff did we miss from our list?
21 November 2013
Category: Behind The Seams, Custom Shirts
If you had to choose, what would be the one food item you would eat for the rest of your life? While fries and ice cream are probably at the top of that list, nothing really beats pizza! It is the go-to food item for when friends are over and it is the best grab-and-go meal when you’re on the move. Pizza is simple and pleases everyone!
For all these reasons and more, we have heard your love for pizza and have made it fashionable! You can now have “the works” of toppings and that cheesy, saucy goodness on your shirt, minus the stains, of course! Just how every pizza you order is customizable, so are these pizza shirts! Switch out any of the text or art you want and get the exact pizza shirt you want! Plus, we will always have it delivered on time!
Want pizza shirts? We’ve got them!
These pizza shirts are part of our food over dudes collection.
15 November 2013
Category: Behind The Seams, Custom Shirts
The month long dedication to men growing their mustaches (or beards) is finally here! Soon men everywhere will be channeling their inner mountain man to grow their facial hair long and proud to bring awareness to men’s health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer.
While it may seem like men get to have all the fun in Movember by growing a beard or mustache, there is a way for women to support and celebrate No Shave November as well. Customize your own mustache or beard shirt to wear in support of men’s health or create one for your man to wear with his ‘stache! Now not only will you be looking trendy in a beard or mustache shirt you personalized yourself, but you will be showing your support for men’s health during Movember.
Mustache and beard lovers rejoice!
Our Mustache Tank Top & Other Prizes Were a Hit At the Beard Championships Raffle!
14 November 2013
Category: Announcements, Custom Lifestyle
Before we send out any order, the printed item and its print quality go through a detailed inspection to ensure our customer is receiving the very best product possible. If we spot any imperfection in the item or the printing, we put the flawed product aside and start over. At Customized Girl, we are very attentive to what is going on in the world and are very well aware that there are others in need. That is why instead of throwing out these imperfect products, we donate all of them directly to Planet Aid.
Making this weekly donation to Planet Aid is not only good for the environment, but it is a way to help those who are less fortunate. Planet Aid is a nonprofit organization known for empowering disadvantaged people from around the world. They use the funds generated from selling unwanted clothing to support international aid projects in Africa, Asia and the Americas. Planet Aid supports development projects that help individuals and communities improve the condition of their lives. These programs focus on spurring action in the areas of micro-financing, sustainable agriculture, health and disease prevention, education and community development.
One of the micro-financing projects Planet Aid supports that really attracted our attention was the mission of empowering women by delivering increased awareness of household finance in rural India. Women who are involved in this project have seen great change in their family’s livelihood, allowing them to gain better access to food and education. Through this project, women have also gained decision-making power within their family, and thus are able to more effectively contribute to raising their children. Plus, over 1,500 women who have participated in these micro-financing projects have even been able to acquire health insurance for their families, a huge accomplishment for many in rural India!
This is just one story of the many projects Planet Aid is able to fund with recycled textiles. If you would like to know more about Planet Aid and their projects, check out their website at http://www.planetaid.org/.