They’re here! Our new custom iPhone 5 cases allow you to create literally any design you want! Browse through our designs or upload your own. Our new masking effect allows you to upload a larger image and crop it however you’d like! We also have a ton of custom iPhone cases for the 4 and 4S!
November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month. Today, nearly 5.4 million Americans have Alzheimer’s Disease. Show your support for a loved one battling the disease with a custom Alzheimer’s Disease awareness shirt. They’re perfect to wear at an Alzheimer’s walk or charity event!
It’s November, which means that it’s time for the month-long even of growing a mustache known as Movember. While others may call it No Shave November, the purpose of Movember is to raise awareness of men’s health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer. Why not show your support (or love of mustaches) with some custom mustache shirts and accessories? We have plenty of designs to choose from, or you can customize your own!
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Here at Customized Girl, we don’t stand for bullies. That’s why we’ve designed some anti-bullying shirts to support the cause. Browse through our gallery or create your own design using our design center!
Bully prevention shouldn’t be limited to just one month, so be sure to always act in a manner that is respectful to others!
Halloween is approaching, so we figured what better time to make some spooky (and trendy) skeleton cutout shirts. We’re going to show you how to make two different types of skeleton shirts: a skull cutout and a ribcage cutout. We also thought it would be cool to print some designs on the fronts of our shirts for some extra customization. Check out our big selection of skull shirts for many other options in addition to the ones we used. You can be as creative with these as you want!
Skull Cutout Shirt
Here are all of the items you will need:
- A shirt. We went with our Misses Bella Flowy V-Neck Half-Sleeve Tee.
- A pen or other marking instrument. (Chalk works well on darker shirts.)
- A ruler.
- Our Skull Cutout Shirt template. (But, feel free to freehand it if you prefer.)
1. Cut out the eyes, nose and teeth. We cut around everything and then saved the scraps to be used as a “shell” which comes in handy later. You can do this too if you’d like.
2. Lay your shirt flat with the back facing up. Make sure that the wrinkles are smoothed out and that the seams are straight.
3. Now, arrange your cut out pieces on the back. This is where the scraps come in handy. We used them to help measure and fit the cut out pieces where. Use the ruler to make sure that everything is centered and lined up.
4. Then, trace around each piece. It doesn’t have to be perfect because you’ll be cutting them out later.
5. When that’s done, it’s time to cut out the pieces! You’ll have to fold the fabric in half to get inside of each piece. Just be careful not to cut through the other side!
6. With all of the pieces cut out, you can go back and clean up some of the edges with your scissors.
7. Now all you have to do is wear your new Skull Cutout Shirt and enjoy!
Skeleton Ribs Cutout Shirt
Here are all of the items you will need:
- A shirt. We went with our Misses Bella Flowy Draped Sleeve Dolman.
- A pencil or chalk. You’ll want something that washes out easily as all marks made are not going to be cut out.
- A ruler.
1. Lay your shirt flat with the back facing up. Make sure that the wrinkles are smoothed out and that the seams are straight.
2. Find the center of the shirt and put a mark on the top and bottom of the section you would like the ribs to be.
3. Put marks 1″ on each side of the center marks, making a 2″ section for the spine. Then, using your ruler connect these marks.
4. Draw the outlines of the rib area on the shirt.
3. Next, mark where you want the ribs to be. The distance apart is personal taste, but we did 3/4″.
4. Make horizontal lines on these marks across both sides.
5. Cut on each horizontal line. the cuts should go from the spine to the outer edge of where you drew the ribs.
6. Roll the strips left in your fingers so that they “curl” and become skinnier.
7. You might want to wash the shirt before wearing to get off the extra marks and help the strips curl more.
We hope you enjoyed these tutorials! If you used either one, let us know how your shirt turned out!
Also, check be sure to check out our full selection of Halloween t-shirts and other apparel!
Just in time for football season, we have two brand new custom football jerseys! These coordinating Augusta jerseys come in unisex and junior styles. They’re perfect for creating matching his-and-her styles, team uniforms, or cheering on your favorite team!
As an added bonus, we’re also giving you some coupon codes to use on these jerseys for this weekend only! Use CGAJ5 for $5 off one Augusta jersey, or CGAJ12 for $12 off two Augusta jerseys. Codes expires 9/9/12, 11:59 PM EST.
Grandparents Day is quickly approaching on September 9th, 2012. Why not make grandma and grandpa’s day by giving them customized grandparent items! Grandparents love to show off their grandkids and custom items are the perfect way to add some personalization. We have items such as t-shirts for grandpa, aprons for grandma, or mugs for both!
If you’re looking to place a large order at Customized Girl, you can get some really great group discounts! Our group discounts start at just six items and the more you buy, the bigger the discount! Get all the same design or mix and match! Popular categories for group orders include business, sports, school, parties, vacations, birthdays, family, and charity events. The possibilities are endless!
Football season is finally here, which means that it’s time to stock up on some game day apparel! We have football shirts for moms, girlfriends or any football fans. All of our designs can be customized with your team colors, name or mascot.
Get some inspiration from these customers:
These moms got matching football tank tops for their sons.
This little league football team ordered t-shirts for winning the league championship!
This family supports their favorite running back with custom football tees!